4 oz package deal of diced pancetta / elective
1 shallot, diced
1 cup quinoa
2 cups of water
2 tsp of hen base (or use hen broth as a substitute of water and hen base) / swap for vegetable broth
3/4 cup frozen petite candy peas / swap for snap peas or asparagus
1 tsp recent thyme
1 tbsp butter
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, add pancetta and prepare dinner on medium-low warmth till browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shallot, sprint of salt and pepper, prepare dinner on low warmth till shallots are translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Watch out the don’t get overcooked.
- Rinse quinoa underneath chilly water in a fantastic mesh strainer then add to saucepan together with water and hen base.
- Deliver to a fast boil after which simmer till quinoa is cooked, about quarter-hour.
- Flip off the warmth and add the thyme, frozen peas and butter and stir.
- Add the parmesan cheese, stir and serve sizzling.
Extra Recipes Right here